Should all Horticulturalists be qualified? College Project

------------------------------------------------------------------------ A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the results, please visit

Should all horticulturalists be qualified?

- Yes

- No

Hi all, as part of my college coursework I have to investigate a topic and I have chosen "Should all horticulturalists be qualified prior to employment and would a trade body help" I am looking for opinions at this stage. Thanks for reading I hope to hear back from some of you.

Sam.

Reply to
Sam:)

When you say "qualified," do you mean

A) They should know what they're doing

or

B) They must pass an examination and be certified by either

1) Your proposed trade body

or

2) Some government agency
Reply to
Bert

or

C) They are enrolled in an horticultural apprenticeship program, and learn while doing.

Reply to
Billy

Said program being operated by whom?

Of course, this ignores the stated requirement of being "qualified" which then cycles back to my original question.

Reply to
Bert

The question is too vague. You can get any answer you like depending on what you mean.

Training for horticulture has always been a problem.

Recall that you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. And you can lead a horticulture but you cannot make her think.

David Hare-Scott

By this standard, Capability Brown would be unqualified. Some people with no training can do it and some with years of training cannot.

Reply to
John McGaw