Shaping the Japanese maple

Is there a special way to shape it up, or do I just take the cutters and make it into an acceptable shape - something more round than what it it now? Thank you.

Reply to
podgorny

I've found they have their own shape. Tree like aka upright or sometimes the low folding low secretive forms that begs water and stones. I cut when they touch my home. Pruning for your design..... like pruning a dogwood is not some thing I do. There is a maple outside my front door that is 18 inches wide and 12 inches tall. This for an attempt at bonzai 30 years ago. It's parent is 30 feet wide and 18 feet tall ! Wonderful fun like having different children.

Make a few mistakes but keep on.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

If you do not desire imposing extra injury to your tree - I highly suggest reading this book. And do not use wound dressing. Once you have read it you will be able to answer your own question.

also would be wise to offer the tree other treatments that address their requirements. This book would help someone understand many treatments.

John A. Keslick, Jr. Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!

fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. KICK RICK SANTORUM OUT IN 2006!

Reply to
John A. Keslick, Jr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo