Screening a circular over looked garden

We are moving to a new house in a few weeks and I would love some help and ideas on how to tackle it's rather large drab garden.

It is a corner circular plot laid only to lawn - not one plant!. It has a 3 foot wall all around it - but being on a hill it means that the whole of the garden is completely over looked.

What can i grow or put up to give us some privacy. I would ideally like a fence/ trellis around- so i can grow climbers or something. Can you fence a circular wall?

Help please

Reply to
laurajames

It is exposed and visible all round from below, is that right? Maybe that is uplooked? My first reaction is that wind may be a problem. My second is that the more visible an area the more careful the treatment should be. A quick fix could turn out an eyesore.

You can fence almost anything with the right materials, it is a matter of cost and ingenuity.

I cannot make specific suggestions as I don't know where you are and what grows there or what the property looks like. I would recommend studying the whole garden - not just this problem area. Get some books on landscaping from the local library and consider your options for a while. This consideration covers many factors but includes the plants that will grow in your area, the use you want to make of the property, your budget, your taste or style and how much work you want to do. Also ask neighbours and consult public records about rainfall, prevailing winds, soil character etc. Then spend some time talking over the options and don't be afraid to modify your plan as your understanding develops.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott