Roto tiller refusing to start after tipping over.

I was borrowing a friends Troy-Bilt Pony roto tiller and it fell on its side while I was using it. Its now refusing to start. I thought it may be flooded and waited a while but that didn't help.

Any thoughts of what may have happened or a solution?

thanks

Reply to
mar10

For flooding, remove the spark plug and give the starter a few pulls. This helps to clear the excess gas out.

I'm not familiar with new Pony models, but my old horse has a manual choke located on the carburetor right under the air filter. Check that it isn't bent.

If it fell > I was borrowing a friends Troy-Bilt Pony roto tiller and it fell on its

Reply to
dps

If it tipped over, on the side that the air filter is on, motor oil will sometimes flow onto the filter and clog it. This happened to me on a Briggs powered lawn mower. Remove the air filter and see if it will start. If it does you may be able to wash out most of the oil by soaking the filter in a can of gas.

Reply to
Bill B

Ditto for some Honda upright engines. (happened to me with a power washer) Ran, but poorly after washing in gasoline. Ok after new filter. Later, read warning in owner's manual. Some say RTFM and others say, when all else fails, RTFM. (what does that mean, anyhow? Old Chief Lynn

Reply to
Lynn Coffelt

Read The Fine/F*king/Freaking Manual (pick a word depending on your mood)

Its origins are from the world of programmers. We are notorious for not wanting to answer questions that are readily available to anyone who tries.

-matt

Reply to
BattMeals

Reply to