REDBUDS and DOGWOODS

Hello, I purchased 4 white dogwoods and two redbud's (along with 3 other trees) all are 5 feet tall and have what looks like good form with nice branches. I planted them about 3 weeks ago as I thought we were through with any really cold weather. All of the other the trees have started to sprout some new life but the dogwoods and the redbud's have not. I planted them according to the instructions I was given and water them every other 2-3 days really well. I hope that I didn't hurt them by planting them to soon. Does anyone have experience with new smaller trees and planting. I am in zone 6 and the soil is just amazing, I am in grape growing country. can someone tell me if the are going to be ok ? I really hope so, I love these types of trees and hope I will see them grow into big beautiful trees. Thanks RJ's

Reply to
bittersmitty

If the ground was not frozen when you planted them they should be fine. They probably don't need that much water. After they break dormancy is when they will need to be watered but not so much they are in a puddle.

Reply to
Travis

BUT young dogwoods need a good amount of moisture, and will succumb to drought much more quickly than older trees. Don't puddle, but don't let get too dry, either. They *are* beautiful trees in every season. Good luck with yours.

Reply to
Frogleg

This site shows how to care for newly planted bare root trees including watering. Once a week should be adequate.

trees with a rootball.

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt