Red flowered berberis / barberry

Does anyone have any ideas on this. I have tried a google search but am not coming up with anything.

I used to have a quite large (about 5') berberis that was in flower April/May with red flowers. It was already in the garden when I moved in but unfortunately died back after the first year. It was quite similar to a b.linearifolia orange king that I still have but like I say it had red flowers. I am pretty sure it was evergreen as well.

I have searched everywhere but I can't find it. All the ones I can find have either yellow flowers or orange flowers. Did I dream the whole thing??

Reply to
dolby

I found this on the net

it helps