Red blistering leaves of Dwarf Peach tree

Each year the leaves of my dwarf peach tree develope red blisters. I took a leaf to a local garden shop and they didn't know how it was happening. I can send a picture if needed.

Reply to
jlopes151

Sure you can, post it here: alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

BetsyB

Reply to
betsyb

Try this

or
My guess from this distance would be Bacterial Spot.

Reply to
farmerdill

Thanks for the reply. Its not Bacterial Spot there's no white center, no shot look. It starts as a green blister, that turns red. I post a picture on alt.binariies.pictures.gardens

Reply to
jlopes151

Can't find alt.binaries.pictures.gardens on Google

Reply to
jlopes151

Yes, please send a pic to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. In the meantime, search the Web for a disease called Peach Leaf Curl.

Reply to
Plant Info

Is it this?

to imagine a reputable nursery that couldn't identify leaf curl, but you never know.

-E

Reply to
Emery Davis

Ya that's what it is Leaf Curl. Seems the tree has bacterial spot as well.

Thanks to all for the help.

Reply to
jlopes151

What you are describing is Peach Leaf Curl. The pictures displayed in some of the postings are extreme cases, and likely as not yours will not be this pronounced. Some peach varieties are less susceptible to the disease than others.

Regardless, to what commercial chemicals manufactures advertise as a cure. I have found, over the years, dealing with this disease, there is only one satisfactory cure I have found. It is Copper, and must be applied during dormancy. I use Ortho brand, and the name of it is "Copper". I have used other fungicides but with only limited success.

I apply it twice a year, once after leaf fall, and again just before bud swell.

If there is >Each year the leaves of my dwarf peach tree develope red blisters.

Reply to
Sodbuster7!

Could be worse. Easy enough to treat, but you have to wait for dormancy. My peach is curl-free this year, thankfully, but I have been treating for a couple of years.

-E

Reply to
Emery Davis

We have a tree that's had this about 3 seasons now. I don't think there's a healthy leaf on this thing now and are considering taking it down.

Is it worth trying to save it by treating for it now? Or should we just go ahead and chop it down?

Sally

Reply to
Sally

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

As far as the most likely suspect, I'd say it's peach leaf curl, a fungal disease. Check out the pictures here and see how they compare to your leaves:

me know if this is or is not the problem.

Suzy O, zone 5, Wisconsin

Reply to
Plant Info