Recommended Loppers - they're the best

Fiskars 96256935 Small PowerGear Lopper is well worth checking out, very useful tool for all sorts of purposes. Selling at a big discount at Amazon...

google

Travis

Buy the felcos, or find some coronas, something without plastic working parts.

BTW are you a paid shill for amazon?

Reply to
bamboo

The link he or she gave has an Associates Program ID in it. If you follow that link, and buy those loppers, he or she will earn 7.5%. You'll also set a 24-hour cookie that will give them a 5% referral fee on anything else you add to your cart within that 24 hour period, unless you follow another Associate's link.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have many of these kinds of links on my website, and I put a link to my personal website in my signature. On some occasions, I've put links to specific products in my posts in response to someone else's question -- but don't search for opportunities to do so.

Disclosure out of the way, I think it's very poor netiquette to start a thread for the purpose of getting people to click directly on an affiliate link. That kind of placement of links is frowned upon by most affiliate programs as well.

The real kicker in this is that the good price at the Amazon site isn't from Amazon, but from an Amazon partner. It's also possible that the poster has something to do with the merchant who's actually selling the loppers.

At any rate, it's pretty obvious that their post was nothing more than an unsolicited advertisement that they will gain from commercially. Or more concisely, spam.

Reply to
Warren

Hi Warren & All - Many thanks to you Warren - for this interesting and very worthwhile 'FYI' - ! - Wes/MO

Reply to
Wes Wilson

Doesn't surprise me at all. Costco, Home Depot and Lowes all sell junk that breaks down. Need a good lopper? Try some of the more expensive brands at:

as a Felco. Handiest lopper I ever bought was from Brookstone. It had a tungsten carbide tipped blade and ratchet action. Too bad the spring broke. This could easily handle 2" thick hardwood branches.

Reply to
ollie_w_holmes