Re: Vine that will grow under a black walnut....

"JNJ" snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

As a side note, I read that sometimes Black Walnuts are grafted onto other root stock (or vis versa?), so you may not have any problems or have less severe problems than cited for pure black walnuts.

To again not answer your question, I've heard of people painting chain link fences green with good effect.

-- Salty

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Heh -- not this one. I brought this home as a twig on Arbor Day from elementary school about 25-30 years ago. :) (And Mom never thought it would survive -- it's now 70 or so feet tall. )

James

Reply to
JNJ

Here's the question though -- just how close to the black walnut are these plants?

James

Reply to
JNJ

Hmmmmmm...I hadn't really considered Morning Glory. That's not a bad idea for this area.

Thanks!

James

Reply to
JNJ

It's not "the" black walnut tree; it's a mini-forest with trees between 3' and 60' tall pretty much all over the perimeter of the back "yard." As I said, ivy grows up the trunks, honeysuckle twines all over, etc., etc.

Reply to
Frogleg

Ouch! True, but ouch! A neighbor fenced in about 3 acres for his horses, uses that white prefab stuff. I can't wait to see how pretty it looks in a few years...

-- Wendy* in N. California, who actually doesn't mind chain link fences, atleast they are not PLASTIC!!!!

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it." Mae West

Reply to
Wendy Kelly Budd

What a good idea! How are these types with regard to high humidity and consequent black spot-type diseases? As long as I have you on the line and am too lazy to Google, is there a difference between multiflora and floribunda?

Reply to
Frogleg