Re: Pelargoniums and frost

Hi everyone ! My Pelargoniums are still in full bloom here in zone 5. I

> have them in windowboxes on the deck (17 boxes). My question is: The > temps around here might go down in the low 30ies next week .... Can the > plants take a couple of nights of light frost? Or do I already have to > take them to the basement for the winter ? > Thanks ! Rosie z5 >

Cover them in zone 5 to keep them from freezing until at least the middle of October or later. You should get quite a few frost free days with warm spells until then. It's still a bit early to put them in the basement and expect them to survive until next spring.

John

Reply to
B & J

Thanks Derryl ! It's a nippy night tonight (-2 C )and I decided I'd better cover the plants.I can't believe how cold it is already for this time of year. I was hoping for some more nice warm fall weather , but it doesn't look that way in the forcast. Guess I'm gonna have to get ready to store the geraniums in the basement. What's the weather like in your area ? Any frost yet ? Rosie z5

Reply to
rosemarie face