Re: Help? Yellow Cherry Tree?

I'm hoping that someone can help me Identify and possibly locate a Cherry

> Tree that grows yellow cherries. Or is this to be forever a part of my > wonderful childhood memories? > > I'm beginging my search now after visiting my grandparents homesite near > Hamburg, Germany, (where I grew up in the 60's) and finding that the pres ent > owners replaced my favorite tree with grass long ago. > > From what I recall the tree was full sized (i.e. 2 story house), the > cherries matured before the red vars (by a few weeks??) and the cherries > where just as large as the red, but slightly firmer or fleshier. Also > the birds didn't seem to attack them as much. > > I'll thank you for any response in advance. snipped-for-privacy@cosmic.com

Dont know if you got your answer but we live in Holzhausen Germany and have a golden cherry tre like that. We think it is an old variety. 'Dönnis sens Yellow Knorpelkirsche', Sweetush to eat, and loaded this year.

area_office_europe

notice the date... almost 20yrs ago...

they sound delicious!

songbird

Reply to
songbird

In fact well over 20 years ago. - unless you're living in the past?

Reply to
~misfit~