Pumpkins and squash questions

I have a bumper crop of squash ( both Acorn and Hubbard ) and two kinds of pumpkins ( small pie and large decoration ). How and when do I know when to pick them? The Acorns look ripe fropm the get go but now they are sounding a little hollow. The Hubbard start green and turn golden, do I wait for the hollow sound too? The pumpkins are turning orange but there are still a few green. It is getting close to the first frost time here in western Wisconsin , should I pick everything with the first signs of frost?

Ron H.

Reply to
Ron H

Did you find these links yet?