pools - slightly off topic

I am not offended, but if your child has a skin condition what could you possibly be thinking allowing him in a pool with algae? Did you know algae is a pathogen vector for several serious problems to the skin? How big can an inflatable pool be?

And yes, of course I use chemicals in my in ground pool, but it is very limited and we keep chlorine to 3ppm. I guess I'm tired of hearing excuses. If your child has skin problems, a blow up pool may not be the ideal situation for the child. Get sprinklers. Oh wait, your water from the hose, if city water, has hundreds of chemicals in it. Just be careful with algae.

Reply to
jangchub

Concerning kids with eczema.

http://206.188.28.100/search?site=my_collection&client=my_collection&proxystylesheet=my_collection&output=xml_no_dtd&q=eczema&x=0&y=0 or

In our family 50 years ago it was a shot of cod liver oil washed down with milk. At the same time I drank some black stuff advertised on Ted Mack which I have forgotten the name of for mental health reasons. Nasty! Must be good if tastes bad Right ;)).

Anyway Dr Weil offers some nutrition advice perhaps worth a ganger.

Best

Bill 5 kids youngest 22.

Reply to
William Wagner

ok, so that's it. i was kinda joking with charlie about playing in the algae..........sorry if that didn't come across too clear.

the pool is an animal park playground. it's exact measurements are

93in L x 83 in W x 14.5inH. I don't fill it full. it has a main pool and a wading pool. the main pool area holds 71 gallons and the wading pool holds 16 gallons. there are little holes in all corners to let over-flow out. it also has an inflatable slide and a palm tree water sprayer. so that's a lot of air! especially when using my own air to blow the thing up.........

wasn't trying to make excuses..........

Reply to
raeannsimpson

thanks, have checked out his site before for this as well as other things! rae

Reply to
raeannsimpson

Don't you be startin' in on me Billy Rose!

It's hot out and I just spent the better part of the day at a political thing that that was billed as and masqueraded as an airshow that the children and grandson talked me into attending, against my better judgement, which, by the way, my judgement proved to be correct. I knew we were screwed when the traffic directors and such were all dressed in Sam Graves for Congress tees. The airshow part of it was only slightly better than the tinhorn us rep, Sam Graves, droning in the background, all puffed up and wrapped up in r,w,&b. Didn't even have a beer tent. What kind of a politician worth his salt doesn't offer beer to us poor pig-ignorant backwoods hicks, eh? Fortunately "the airshow" turned out to be "free", only a "donation" requested...for what? We declined and only offered a fart in his general direction.

Grandson enjoyed the helicopters, but he quickly became hot and bored and asked to leave, which we did.....along with about half the crowd.

Musta been a gigazillion dollars worth of private planes that flew in yesterday for the serious part of the "show".....you know, the deals. Even a coupla them cessna jets that the rich folk gets chauffered around in. They all started bugging out after about an hour.

Gotta admit though, seeing a Blackhawk and a Chinook land fifty yards from your pickup tailgate, upon which we hillbillies perched, was kinda cool, until you started thinking of the death that these machines represent. Even more death in the skies followed with four A10 Farthogs in the distance and a Stealth Bomber.....serious killing machines, eh? Plus these military helicopters stank on the inside....serious stank.

Anyhows, I digress.......I'm hot. And still grumpy. And my feet hurt. And I am thirsty. Did I mention I am hot?

What is your point about charcoal?

Yes I use a Brita for daily use. However, should things get serious, I have a Katadyn Drip on the shelf right above my head. It can turn dirty dog's pee into potable water.

Maybe I'll go bite Sherwin later, after a bit of study and a few more cold ones. Did I mention I am hot and grumpy?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Must be the heat and the damned politicians.......this thread got grumpy in a hurry! ;-)

Ahhhhhh........another fine day on The Usenet.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

grumpy?? where??? he was on tv last night...........(wyatt was watching "snow white")

you could blame it on the heat i guess........

Reply to
rachael simpson

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

My pool has 3ppm and my tap water has 5ppm of chloramine...which is harder to detect because it doesn't have a harsh smell.

Reply to
jangchub

Reply to
jangchub

"Say anything that you like about me except that I drink water."

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

One o' me favorites, cable dropped the re-re of it a couple years ago .....I need the DVDs

Wahhhhhh....been there, done that. If she popped, you gotta clean it up before Lovey-poo finds you out!! The frozen suds taste pretty good you know. Nothing like a Stout Icey!

DO NOT....repeat....DO NOT *ever* chill one in the icemaker! That corkscrew thingamajig that augers the ice towards the crusher hole

*will* break the bottle. Likely it will be Lovey that discovers your mistake. Comprende?

Charlie....dancing to Baka Beyond......and don't start with me about it. Even The Walrus can do the Two-Step. goo goo g'joob

Reply to
Charlie

g'day rae,

those type of child waders are meant to be emptied out between uses, to effectively keep pool water safe and clear you would need to have a pump and filter system and add chlorine that way. the algae build up might be the least of health worries it is the bacteria build up you can't see to be concerned about.

the best you can do to c snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

len garden

I love Baka Beyond. I bought a few CDs oh, 8 years ago or so. I particularly like the one with the water drums. My favorite is "Spirit of the Forest."

Reply to
jangchub

Reply to
jangchub

I'm guessing you like the Afro Celts as well?

Moussa Sissokho, on the talking drum, is fantastic. ALl of them are fantastic musicians and the blend of styles and sounds is.......simply phenomenal.

Great music in the garden, both for the plants and me.

In Peace and Music Charlie

Reply to
Charlie