Plants Think it is a COLD summer in the NE!

It's mid August and the primroses are still in flower in my Western Massachusetts garden. There are colorful pansies in the border in front of the house, and my morning glories have only a very small number of buds and no flowers.

This tells me that despite what I'm hearing on the news, we've been having a cold summer here, not a hot one!

Anyone else noticed this?

--Jenny

Reply to
Jenny

No blooms on my morning glories and my tomatoes are still green. Last night it went down to 12 C and I'm in Southern Ontario.We had two really hot weeks in July but that's about it.

Jim

Reply to
jim.mckelvey

Jim,

Same here. We had night temperatures in the 40s a couple days ago and it is forecast for the highs to be only in the 70s next week, too, with lows in the 50s. This is usually the hottest time of the summer.

--Jenny

Reply to
Jenny

Well we got what ya'll missed I guess. Been hot as heck here and dry! Highest average in a long time.

Last few days have been nice. We got several days of off and >

Reply to
Elaine