Grapefruit mold problem

My grapefruit tree has a bit of a problem; it appears to have an attack of sooty mold

On fairly close inspection, there don't appear to be any insects on the tree that would excrete the honeydew the mold feeds on.

So, two questions; If it IS sooty mold, what else might be causing it? If it ISN'T sooty mold, then what on earth is it???

Reply to
squirrel.to.the.stars

A friend of my son's gave me a dozen from her tree in St. Petersburg, FL. They all looked scuzzy grey on the skin. It washed right off and didn't affect the taste one bit.

Reply to
betsyb