planting near pine tree

We have a front yard (Tacoma Washington) with a space where there were once plants for years (now dead) and I'd like to plant something new, but the area in question is both often in the shade of a pine tree, as well covered by pine needles. What kind of plants (perrenials/shrubs) would grow here?

Reply to
alice

Hi Alice. I have hostas, archangel (sp?) ground cover and a nikko blue Hydrangea under my pine. Oh almost forgot, a Clematis 'Nelly Moser' growing up through the hydrangea. All are quite happy so far. Been about 3 yrs now and dappled sun/shade area.

Reply to
Elaine

Just be careful about currants and gooseberries. Some varieties interact with the White Pines and result in White Pine Blister Rust.

Sherw> We have a front yard (Tacoma Washington) with a space where there were

Reply to
sherwindu