planting a new rose bed

any suggestions as to heavily scented roses; alternatively, exceptionally beautiful roses for a new bed which I aim to plant out this backend?

a list of 10 each of scented and beautiful ones would be much appreciated please!

thanks.

Reply to
jmrdumfries

Try this:

you love your roses I can recommend the book by Valerie Swane mentioned at the end, she is highly respected and has written a number of books regarded as "the bible" in Australia.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

My personl favourites for strong rose pong are 'Mr Lincoln" and 'Papa Meilland' - both deep red, but then I don't find that a problem.

Reply to
FarmI