Pink blooming shrub

OK - I only caught a quick glimpse of it, but does any one know a shrub/small tree that looks like a pink flowered honey locust. Location, southern New Hampshire, planted as a hedge along the road.

I don't believe I'll be that was again soon, but.....man, it was pretty.

Thoughts folks.thanks Cheyrl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

It's a little early for these to be blooming, but does it look anything like this?

Amos Nomore

Amos Nomore wrote in news:amosnomore- snipped-for-privacy@news.zianet.com:

Or this?

FragileWarrior

FragileWarrior > like this?

thought they bloomed just a bit later around here?

Reply to
Ann

On 6/12/07 7:51 PM, in article f4nbi8$9tp$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com, "FragileWarrior" > like this?

No to both. Only had the stop light (and a short one at that) to look (and drool), but leaf structure was that of the honey locust and flowers were very similar as well. Can't get back there - it was a detour around a detour and I couldn't recreate it if my life depended on it...

Cheryl Isaak

One of the Robinia species, perhaps? They should be flowering about now...

Kay

Reply to
Kay Lancaster

Could well be Robinia hispida but should be too tender for around here (southern NH) especially along the road.

Thanks though

Cheryl Isaak