Perlagoniums

I am a very new gardener, so forgive me if this is a really silly question. I have some window boxes of perlagoniums. Two are from last year and three are from this year. Last years have become quite woody at the bases, although there are many new green leaves coming through. In addition the older leaves have all gone red and dropped off. What do I do to prune them to encourage the new leaves?

Reply to
Jo Stewart

T2B