Patron Saint of Gardeners / Vegetable Growers

I wish to put a plaque on the front of my shed of the Patron Saint of Vegetable Growing.

But which Saint is it?

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Saint Adelard is the patron saint of gardeners, Saint Fiacre is patron saint to those growing foods and herbs and Saint Isidore is patron saint to farmers. You'll have to make the appropriate personal choice.

Saint Fiacre is also patron saint to taxi drivers and venereal disease suffers if this helps at all with your decision making.

Val

Reply to
Val

lol

Reply to
Ophelia

Or there's St. Anthony, the Patron Saint of lost causes. ;-))

Reply to
Sacha

No saint but worth a look.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Mmm, I'll stick with Adelard thanks ;)

Reply to
Pete C

The Jolly Green Giant of course... and the mini saint, Sprout.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Sounds like there's a story in there somewhere. Just have a nice sit down and a warm cup. It will be OK. Besides, it's a little early in the year to be throwing in the towel. Stiff upper lip, and all that sort of thing, don't you know ;O)

Reply to
Billy

:-) I truly appreciate your punctuation and the light it shines upon so many subjects, my friend.

"As a man is, so he sees. As the eye is formed, such are its powers." --- William Blake

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

No!!!! That's St. Jude :-)

Judith

Reply to
Judith in France

How obscure.......

Reply to
Sacha

fnarrr fnarrr

Reply to
Ophelia

I only know because my late Mother was always asking St Jude for help, particularly whenever I failed my Latin exams, which was frequently. In fact at lunch today with friends, I was asked to finish some saying in Latin and I am ashamed to say I had totally forgotten it and found it difficult to recall much of it. Fortunately my clever clogs husband still remembers everything he learned!!!!

Judith

Reply to
Judith in France

St ickbean? David Hill

Reply to
Dave Hill

On further research over the web, it seems that St Fiacre is the patron saint of gardeners.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

There are a few:

mark

Thanks... I think I go with St Fiacre... seems the most generally acceptable patron st of gardeners. And he is of Irish origin like me.. LOL.

Just need now to find a plaque or statue to mount on ma shed... and everything should grow rite hunky-dory..

Ed

Reply to
Ed