Oramental Grass Seed and colorful kale

I would like to plant some oramental grass seed in pots, and have them grow in my house over winter. Would this work? I keep the house at around 65 during the winter, but there is a front window which receives all day sun. In the spring I would transplant them outside.

Also I am growing some "colorful kale" from seed,and it is around eight inches tall, and still green. When does the color begin to kick in?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Tom or Mary

The ornamental kale starts to party big time in September, keeps getting better through October, and depending on your climate, may look good right into November or December. This is based on my experience in Rochester NY, zone 5 or 6-ish (depending on mini-climates and distance from Lake Ontario).

I can't help you with the grass question.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

No, the grass will not do well at all under those conditions. The kale gets colorful as the temperatures drop.

Reply to
Bourne Identity