Old Rose Sources in U.S.?

Anyone have an heirloom rose source in the U.S. that they've been happy with? I'm looking for a rambler called "Seagull", and not having much luck finding it here. Google turns up 8 zillion hits, mostly in the U.K.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

heirloomroses.com

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Check out this link. It lists several U.S. Suppliers in addition to those overseas. Ashdown is one of my favorites.

http://helpmef>Anyone have an heirloom rose source in the U.S. that they've been happy

Reply to
Richard

Thanks, Richard.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I don't know anyone in the U.S. who has the experience or selection of heirloom and vintage and cemetery and anything roses, anywhere, but here:

escape

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Richard, a local nursery owner gave me this resource and said she's had absolutely no problem having the plants shipped here (NY) from Canada, where the place is located.

Doug Kanter

Yes, Pickering is great as well. I've ordered many roses from them. They only ship bareroot though, so depending on where your located, it may be to late to plant bareroot.

Vintage is a good source as mentioned earlier too. Generally I've found them a bit pricier than Pickering though.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Yes, for the second time: