Need Tree and Tree Disease IDENT

Hello, I have 25 yr old trees put in by the builder's when they built the houses. I think they are Arizona Ash They have a fungal disease they have had for the eight years I have lived here. I put in new St.Augustine four years ago and now it is in decline. I was sick with worry that these trees would infect my grass and now it appears to have happened. Two trees on either side of mine have died and appears all trees on the block have this. Mine have been doing relatively well (better and bigger than most on the block) and leaf out quick in Spring and are very large, 30 ft tall...I think this is because I have been watering well and fertilizing the grass (albeit I have used Scott's for St.Aug which has weed killer in it so that was probably not good for them), also when we first moved in, we put planting boxes around, which we found out later was bad too...I never took them down because it did not appear to have hurt them and they were diseased anyway. NOW, I am going to remove, cut them down and get my lawn healthy again, if that is possible. My boyfriend says they look so nice and they are so big and provide such a huge amount of shade it is a shame to get rid of them and suggested I find out if there is any cure for this weird leaf curl fungal disease the trees have. This year the brown spots appear much darker than ever before, almost black..and there is a LOT of it this year...the last two years we have had severe drought and water rationing so I know they are suffering a little more than the first six years when we watered ALL the time. I will post the pics as soon as someone gives me the binary address or whatever that is. Thank you so much for your time and help.

Rita Garland TX 7b-8a, I think.. : )

Reply to
GarlandGrower

I posted the pics to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens....Please go look and solve the eight year mystery of these trash trees. Rita

Reply to
GarlandGrower

Why not send a sample of the trees in to your extension service for proper diagnosis and treatment? Texas has an excellent extension service. And if the trees are shading the house, that's a lot of free air conditioning equivalent.

There are a lot of fungal leaf diseases in the world, and trees mostly get along with them just fine. What's ailing your trees may be one of those.

One of the easy things you could do to improve the health of the trees is to remove the grass for a distance around the trees, to reduce the competition between the grass and tree for water.

Reply to
Kay Lancaster

I don't see your pictures there.

Reply to
Travis M.

Sorry, must have been too large, I will try again and/or can I email them to ya?? Rita

Reply to
GarlandGrower

I've posted them again to the binary place in two separate posts, but they are not showing up yet...What the heck am I doing wrong?? Hmmmmmmm.... Sigh... Rita

Reply to
GarlandGrower

I am neither a tree or disease expert so you are better off posting them to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

Can you see the pictures others have posted to a.b.p.gardens?

Reply to
Travis M.

Reply to
GarlandGrower

What size is the picture. If it is in the 100 to 300KB range it isn't too big to post.

Reply to
Travis M.