Need plant for a screen.

I would like to cover the electric and gas meters with a light, airy screen. Right now I am using Nandina ( Heavenly Bamboo) but it is constantly covered with powdery mildew. Spraying only helps temporarily.

I decided to replace the nandina with something similar, fairly tall and narrow: 2' wide and 5 ' tall. Any suggestions for Southern California, zone

10?

Thanks for any input

Reply to
Walter R.

Mahonia

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

Try Myrtus communis 'Compacta' (a dwarf myrtle).

Reply to
David Ross