Need Morning Glory HELP!

My morning glories are just not doing well. Leaves look good. There are loads of buds but they just don't mature. I've had only two blossoms in the past month.

I feed it high phosphorous food every two weeks. It gets morning and early afternoon sun.

I have them in a very large pot and the vines are twined around a railing. The railing is metal and gets quite hot in the sun. The thing is I've grown them here before and that never seemed to be a problem so I guess I don't think that's the problem.

What can I do to get the buds to mature?

Thanks

Reply to
googlemail2003

If you fed them last year and they bloomed that must work for you, but I never fed mine, just watered them. I took them out about 4 years ago and still have an occasional volunteer among the cypress vine that replaced them. I don't feed cypress vine either.

Blossom drop on tomatoes is cured by adding some Epsom Salts (magnesium) to the ground and watering it in. MG's always make a better showing in September here, when the weather cools down a bit.

Regards,

Hal

Reply to
Hal

It's been a while since I've had morning glories (living in Hawaii, there are so many tropical plants that I can grow in the ground that the mainland annuals have fallen by the wayside for me), but, IIRC, 'benign neglect' was the best thing for my morning glories. They were planted in pretty poor soil, got fertilized once early in the season to promote foliage growth then just watered and they bloomed quite well for me.

What happens to the buds after they have budded? Do they end up dropping off or just sit there?

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

Reply to