Need help identifying this extraordinarily beautiful flower!

I have seen this flower in INDIA. Never again. There is a tree in my neighborhood that puts out these flowers in thousands. There is only one such tree in the entire town. As kids we used to collect these flowers. People used to think that it is 'Shiva Lingam flower'. I have no clue what the botanical name is. I am also curious what the pundits have to say.

Reply to
Uleetsa Moscowa

No idea what this flower is. saw it on a French e-wallpaper website however there was no name, no clue for ID other than that it might be orm the west indies.

Site with the pciture is :

any of you a clue what the name of the flower is? Where can one go?

Cheers,

Reply to
wmvh

No idea what this flower is. saw it on a French e-wallpaper website however there was no name, no clue for ID other than that it might be orm the west indies.

Site with the pciture is :

any of you a clue what the name of the flower is? Where can one go?

Cheers,

Reply to
wmvh

No idea what this flower is. saw it on a French e-wallpaper website however there was no name, no clue for ID other than that it might be orm the west indies.

Site with the pciture is :

any of you a clue what the name of the flower is? Where can one go?

Cheers,

Reply to
wmvh

Hi, Nymphaea ordorata, aka water lily.