Natural insect control in the lawn

Hi All,

What is the best way to control insects in the lawn naturally? I have heard about releasing a lot of Praying Mantis will help. They eat anything. What about birds? Do they help, and if so what species is good? How can I attract them?

I'm not sure of all the different insects I have. I know there are tons of mosquitos (because there is a pond nearby), biting flies, and ants. There are lots of other insects that I don't know. I just know that they are very annoying when I am mowing.

Any suggestion?

many thanks,

titanandrews