Mountain Laurel Question(s)

I have some seeds from a friend's Mountain Laurel bush. I'd like to see if I can grow them and plant them on my property, but can't find anything on the web that tells me how to grow them from seeds. Can anyone help?

Should I start them now, or wait until the spring? How long should they grow in pots until I plant them outside? Anything else I need to know?

I'm in central Texas, zone 7, as is my friend's ML bush.

8^)~~~ TIA, Sue (remove the x to e-mail) ~~~~~~

"I reserve the absolute right to be smarter today than I was yesterday." -Adlai Stevenson

Suzie-Q

You should get a copy of "Kalmia" by Richard Jaymes -- probably available

from Amazon, possibly EBay. It covers all aspects of Mountain Laurel.

Seeds should be planted in the spring, in flats, shaded from the full sun.

Plant them in a mix of peat moss, perlite, sand and a trace of limestone.

Place the seeds on the surface, not covered, and keep the mix moist, and

humid.

The above is based on excerpts from the book, you might also check the

Broken Arrow Nursery web site (also R. Jaymes).

Charlie

Reply to
Charles E. Elias

Richard Jaynes' "The Laurel Book" is an earlier edition of this book and covers this topic very well also.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning