may flies?

i live near lake michigan in wisconsin, and right now, we have swarms of little black "flies"..........................as i remember, they go away eventually. as these "may flies"?

Reply to
readandpostrosie

Hmmm....

I live near Lake St. Clair, we get the May Flies at the end of May to the end of June. We call the May flies "Fish Flies", Like Val says, our flies looks like Dragon Flies with a nasty stench of fish oder.

The swarms are so bad the local stores turn off outside lights. I even turn off most of my lights at home and close all drapes. Once I was working in my garage late at night with the door open and less than 15 minutes my garage had hundreds of those stinky flies.

The flies will swarm at lighted street intersections and they will turn the road into an oily slippery road. Never uses your windshield washer wipers at all, they will smear and make driving visibility next to zero.

I have never seen a black May Fly. In my book all flies are Damned Flies :)

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.