Limnanthes douglasii in limbo

I'm growing Limnanthes douglasii (poached-egg flower) this year.....sown in various spots in the garden in mid-April. It germinated fairly quickly and I've now got many very small plants that seem to have ceased any further development. The plants seem healthy enough but there's no sign of blooms or continued leafy growth. They've had cold, they've had hot, they've had wet, they've had dry.....and everything in between. I've even got some in pots. All have been at the same stage for at least the last month. Anyone know what's up with this? All I can think is that I started them too late.

Best, Tyra nNJ usa z7

Reply to
Tyra Trevellyn

gregpresley

Thanks for the input, Greg. If we hadn't had such a cool wet spring/early summer here, I wouldn't have held out hope for the plants for so long (and they probably wouldn't have lasted if we'd gone to heat as early as we sometimes do.....). Since they've been hangin' in there, I guess I'll still hold out some hope for them. I know they prefer misty-moisty climates but they seemed worth the try. I've still got some seeds in the packet and I may sow them in the autumn and see what happens in the spring, if I don't get any blooms to reseed.

Best, Tyra nNJ usa z7

Reply to
Tyra Trevellyn