lay brick edging or lawn first?

I want to put a brick edging down between my lawn and flower beds. The edging will also be a mowing edge, ie I want the brick edging and the lawn to be at the same level. I m digging up the garden at the moment and I'm not sure if I should put the lawn down first and then put the bricks at the same level or vice versa. I guess I'm worried that the lawn will settle and drop below the brick edging which I plan to lay on a weak mortar mix. Any thoughts?

Reply to
DIY Novice

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (DIY Novice) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

If it were me, I would wait until the very last to install the brick edging. Once your flower beds and turf are established, you may reconsider previously planned shapes and curves, and it would be a lot of wasted work to have to dig up an existing brick edge and relay it.

Reply to
David Bockman

Get your lawn established and install your bricks later. You can install ther bricks without mortar and they will be OK.

Derryl

Reply to
Derryl