lavender fungus

hello, My lavender plants are just beginning grow buds after more than an year of waiting..now it seems that there is a white fungus on the stem ,on buds and under the leaves.It is beginning of summer here in South India and very humid!The fungus looks like a lump of chalk or cotton and is about 3mm size..and the leaves are getting black dots all over..Also the bud bearing stems are drooping giving the whole plant an unhealthy look.how do i save my plants?I haven't used any chemical lest I'd hurt the plant please advise Sajan

Reply to
sajanjoseph

Fungicides might help, but lavender does not like high humidity (neither cold humidity nor hot humidity). It may recover when the weather dries up, but I wouldn't bet on it. Lots of dry-terrain plants are like that, I am afraid.

Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Reply to
Nick Maclaren