Killing Ivy

We don't know what kind of ivy, the OP didn't say. But most ivy can be lopped off and pulled out by it's roots. However if any part of the root remains it's very likely it will grow back. Poison ivy hates salt, so a handful of rocksalt on the roots will usually do it in permanently without harming nearby trees.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Why do so many of your posts include personal attacks? Do you enjoy being pointlessly nasty?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Why not just cut through the stems that go up the fruit trees? That is the most simple solution. Severing to its roots will kill it. If the ivy is on wild land it isn't doing much harm to anyone and is an evergreen shelter for wildlife.

You won't easily kill it. The waxy coat one ivy seedlings allows them to resist glyphosate pretty effectively.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

You'd think. We have a load of ivy that seems to be thriving without any connection to the earth.

Reply to
R D S

Market it!! ;-)

Reply to
Sacha

Quite possible - it can root in any old medium it finds - eg. on roofs etc. Connection to the earth not essential.

Regards Pete

Pete Stockdale