Is my Christmas tree bad?

J Kolenovsky expounded: - no...pounded

This is so true. Since I study and research native plants in my area, I became aware of this about 4 years ago. I've gone to an allergy clinic (not the one in the article - I just met them when I joined the Chamber this year) and they always had goldenrod as a good guy. I have Solidago planted at my residential habitat. =

I have reactions to scotch pine, though I love all the Christmas trees. Especially, the mulched ones as the product should be returned to earth where it grew from. =

I've vacationed your way one year. Flew in to Logan and stayed in S. Yarmouth. Went to P-town, Martha's wine yard, Wood's Hole, Plymouth. Saw where John Belucci was buried (they actually have him interred in another spot away from the headstone so the animal house crew throw their beer cans in the wrong spot which is closer to the road for cleanup). Didn't see any Kennedy's, though. John was a good dude. I was

14 when it happened. Bobby, jr seems to be coming along with the Environmental organization he works for. Amazes me that time has passes to find out Clinton passed some good environmental laws. We need more acts like that.

J. Kolenovsky

9a (in the current process of being reclassified)

Reply to
J Kolenovsky

J Kolenovsky expounded:

Plymouth is about 15 miles south of me. Hubby and I went out to P-Town last spring, it's about the only time I'll go out there (fall/winter, too) due to the horrendous traffic during high season. It's a shame, the cape is a beautiful place.

John was a good dude, and I was 7 when it happened, living in Michigan.

We do need a more environmentally conscious government. The dismantlement of the clean air act has got to stop, never mind what's happening to our food supply. Eh, that's another rant.......

Reply to
Ann

GMO's. Aren't they great? Soil loss and forest attrition. Chemical companies running amok and the turfgrass industry right behind them. Drilling in natural places. =

Hey, check this out -

BURLINGTON SHAREHOLDERS WANT ANSWERS ABOUT RAINFOREST EXPLORATION PLANS

Shareholders for Houston-based Burlington National Resources voted on a resolution last week demanding the company clearly define its policy toward indigenous communities in the Amazon rain forest where the local company is exploring for oil. =

Four tribes consisting of roughly 500,000 people inhabit the remote jungle areas in Ecuador and Peru known by the company as oil blocks 23 and 24. The presidents of the Shuar, Zapara, Shiwiar and Kichwa nations have demanded that Burlington cease operations on their land, citing environmental devastation, and human rights violations. Last March, presidents of the four tribes traveled to Houston to confront Burlington officials at their Galleria headquarters and call attention to the fact that the tribes opposed exploration. The company reported to media and shareholders that they had received consent from indigenous communities. While the resisters were blocked by security guards from communicating with company officials, this week=B9s action by shareholders maybe enough to get executives=B9 attenti= on.

A shareholders representative said they hope adopting the resolution will be the first step toward ensuring Burlington officials receive the consent of indigenous communities and limit environmental impacts of exploring and drilling.

Mankind needs to quit screwing with the land loaned to us by our children.

J Kolenovsky

J Kolenovsky expounded:

I've posted this link before, but it's worth checking out:

. I subscribe to Organic Bytes, it's an eye-opener WRT our food and our government. Makes you think long and hard about what they're protecting...................

Reply to
Ann