Insect killer & crabgrass preemergent

I applied the crabgrass preventor about a month ago, and wish to put down some insect killer on the lawn now to keep the grass bug free for when the kids play on it. Will this break that protective barrier that they say the preemergent gives to the lawn?

Reply to
Nathanael

I don't think an insecticide will interfere with the operation of a pre-emergent herbicide. At any rate, you can look at the instructions for your pre-emergent herbicide and see how long it says to wait before it is safe to sow grass seeds. After that amount of time you don't have to worry about anything affecting it. The way a pre- emergent typically works is that it is absorbed by seeds, and causes them to die when they germinate.

On the other hand, I don't know why you want to use insecticide on your lawn, especially if your kids play there. I'd worry more about the poison chemicals than I would about the bugs.

BF

Reply to
rf

Your children are far more likely to be harmed by the toxic chemicals you use to kill insects than the insects themselves.

Jacqui

Reply to
Chris and Jacqui

First identify which insects you are after. Then select the product that targets those insects and READ THE LABEL.

Many of the insects that you are concerned will bug your children are not in the ground to begin with but fly into the area. Treating the soil will do nothing to prevent these.

John

Reply to
John Bachman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

up:

To read the label of the most popular postemergent, you can see it here: weedtwister.com/roundup_label.htm

----- At peace with weeds!

Reply to
raycruzer