ID Please

I like it but I've no idea what it is:

brooklyn1

Charles

Google: Chenille Plant, Red-Hot Cattail Acalypha hispida'

Yours is a very healthy looking specimen. Typically as many others, it's a houseplant in a temperate climate but grows as a perennial shrub in the tropics.

gloria p

Reply to
Gloria P

Thank you. I guess it won't grow in my climate as a perennial. It's a gorgeous plant.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Thank you. My tenant is a school teacher who works at a plant nursery summers.... it's her plant. Too bad it won't endure the Catskill winters.

Reply to
brooklyn1

I was just admiring my Ma-in-laws same plant variety on the weekend. she has grown in in her last 4 houses as a pot plant and she's manged to keep it alive for the last 10 years that she has lived in a very frosty climate. She has it outside but growing in a roofed 3 sided small verandah.

Reply to
FarmI