I burned my pine tree...

.... some hay caught fire and "toasted" the side of my pine tree. After a few weeks the needles have turned brown. Will they regenerate?

Thanks!

Reply to
Kevin Miller

What kind of pine? Planted or native?? What percent of the green foliage got toasted???

Reply to
Mike LaMana

I think it's an alberta spruce planted about 20 years ago.... about

25% got cooked... thanks (it looks pretty bad all brown)

Reply to
Kevin Miller

Reply to
gregpresley

It almost certainly will not sprout back very well. Do not fertilize it to get it to do so. as this may kill it by forcing the plant to 'empty its bank account' as it were. Let come back naturally, or try some Roots2 or sea-kelp root stimulator and hope for the best.

Reply to
Mike LaMana