How to smooth the trunk of a windmill palm tree?

I have seen windmill palms where it looks like someone cut rings around the trunk to make the trunk look smooth.

How can I do this for my windmill palm?

Do I need a special tool?

ojasrege

Did you notice the words "Avoid damaging lower trunk and roots"??? Leave your tree alone.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And how many palm trees have you owned?

Reply to
Huh

STFW, Search the F Web. It's amazing what you can find, when enter "smooth palm trunk" in Google. First link has detailed instructions on how to do it.

Snooze

Hey...I'm just quoting what the web site said. Avoid damaging.....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom