How to get magnolia seeds from the pods?

I collected some pods from a magnolia tree, the pods that remain after the flower dies. I got some that look brownish, dried up rather than fresh green ones. They have little black "horns" sticking out...are these the seeds? Yet, you can't separate them, the little curved black "horns" will just break off, and I think this may be just the tip of the seed. You don't plant the whole pod, do you?

Reply to
Jimbo

I think teh seeds are inside, bright red colored.

Reply to
Paulo