How cold hardy is eucryphia ?

Eucryphia x Intermidia 'Rostrevor' is a beautiful tree and we are thinking of ordering one to plant. However we are in Zone 7. Anyone know how cold hardy they are? We can't seem to get a clear idea of that from online sources. Thanks NC

Reply to
ncstockguy

The American Horticultural Society A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden PLants puts the hardiness of E.x intermedia 'Rostrevor' at Zone 9-10. Botanica says zones 8-9 Zone 8 being 10-20 deg. F.

Emilie NorCal

Reply to
MLEBLANCA

Doubt it would fare very well in zone 7. They are relatively hardy here in PNW zone 8, but mine did suffer some significant foliar damage this past winter, which had a few unsually cold spells.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Thanks for the info. After further research I also doubt it will do well here in zone 7. Oh well. Back to the search for a really attractive new and different small evergreen tree.

Reply to
ncstockguy