Honey Locust Or Mesquite..

I have two trees in my front yard that produce what I call "pods".

One produces large wide pods, they can be up to 9 inches long, and one produces small thin pods, they can be up to 5 inches long.

How can I tell if the trees are honey mesquite or honey locust?

I live in the Midland/Odessa area of west Texas and the trees are volunteers, they were not planted. They are about 40 years old and are, I don't know, 20 feet tall? How does one measure a tree's height?

Reply to
JD

Cea

Reply to
Celeste Evans

Nice site. Can't really tell about my trees as last nights hard freeze has stripped all the trees of any remaining leaves. It looks like it's raining leaves. I'll bookmark the site and look next Summer.

Reply to
JD

I have posted a picture of the two pods in alt.binaries.pictures.nature

Reply to
JD