Hollyhock Transplanting

We had a volunteer hollyhock sprout up at the edge of our veg garden. We let it grow cause is looked a little like a squash / zucc. Its has beautiful pink flowers but is in a bad location. I've read it has some transplanting problems. Anybody have any tips?

Reply to
KJFK

Wait until it dies in winter and pull all of it out, they don't take to transplanting at all. Save the seeds too.

Reply to
starlord

Reply to
gregpresley

If it's blooming, leave it alone. They are biennials and it will die this winter anyway. Save the seed it produces and sow it this fall where you want them to grow.

Reply to
Sunflower