Help infestation on my cedar bushes

Hi recently and for the first time we have a sort of cocooned active worm all over our cedar bushes and they seem to be killing the bushes. They look just like dead growth on the bush but are actually little worms in a tough little bag. Anyone know how to kill the little suckers. I am already aware of the flamethrower option so no need to mention it.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Chris Faught

You have bagworms, a relatively common pest on conifers in many parts of the country at this time of year. This link should help explain the problem and offer suggestions for control:

- gardengal

Reply to
Pam

Thanks Pam that was a very helpful link. I will try their suggestions. Have you had to deal with them in the past? What did you do?

Thanks

Reply to
Chris Faught

Thankfully, no bagworms in this neck of the woods, although we have plenty of other equally nasty pests. I think David Bockman, who posts here often, has had experience with them..........David, any tips for Chris??

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam