Help! Hurt bird of paradise!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:01:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote: I do use some specialized software for people in my situation but it is a little limited some times with different programs and it works with this one but is definatly limited and pronounces quite a few words wrong and I am constantly unsure if It is mispronouncing or if I am making a typo . It works well when word processing I have tried dragon It makes more mistakes and can't tell some words apart like homynems . to too and two for example or homyphones like live the act of residing somewhere live being alive The program I have now does the same thing it can only be made to pronounce a given word one way I'm hoping that voice recognition will get better soon. but I like to type too Keeps me practiced for work I'd rather have you guys jibe me than my boss he he Michelle "Love is the water in the garden of life "

Reply to
Michelle

Huh?

Reply to
Michelle

Oh, I guess you didn't watch/listen to the president give the State of the Union address. One of his key issues was to stamp out steroids in sports. The balls on that piece of work is astonishing.

Reply to
animaux

It is real easy. You have it exactly right. Crime rate declined because people were able to support themselves with jobs. Unemployment was at an all time low. Watch crime rate start exploding unless the economy does real turn around (not this supposed one where businesses are doing better because they are outsourcing all their jobs).

I grew up in a poor area. People don't commit crimes because it makes them feel great about themselves, because it is an easy way to make a living, because they are lazy, etc. For the most part people turn to crime because it is their last option for living. I don't know what idiot really thinks that people like being on unemployment or welfare. It is demeaning and makes people feel powerless. This is why the average time for being on welfare is only 2 years. I have known women that have stayed with abusive husbands because their only way out was to go on welfare and they could not bare to put their children in such a horrible life. Crime is going up and will continue to go up until people are again employed or given options other than crime. Of course if the Democrats win the office of Presidency they will be blamed for the increasing crime because we all know they are "soft" on crime. What crap.

OK, that is my rant for the day... DKat

Reply to
D Kat

actually, there are people who do think crime is easier than 9-5 but they are found in all socioeconomic levels. Like Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling, those who suffer what is called "criminal mentality" and they dont think the rules apply to them. They are character disorders or sociopaths. They are also a small minority of people usually concentrated at the very upper echelons of industry or "on the streets". They are not typical at all. Someone once did a profile of people who sell drugs on the streets. They match in every character category with CEO's EXCEPT they never had the background, training and opportunity to make it "legit". Being unemployed for a while really destroys self esteem. Been there, done that. And now so have lots and lots of white men in the middle and upper echelons who have always in the past been able to turn it around and find a job in a couple months. Now it is 1 or 2 years and they are devastated. BTW, the vast majority of women on welfare are white and dont live in the city, they are rural or in small towns. It is still true, most women with small children are 1 man's paycheck away from welfare. Ingrid

"D Kat" wrote: People don't commit crimes because it makes them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

Don't you feel he exhibited them when he strutted aboard the aircraft carrier and announced, "Mission accomplished!" or when he told the Arabs, threatening retaliation, to, "Bring them on!" And please don't forget his surreptitious visit to the troops in Iraq at Christmas. That was one of the bravest things he's done since he became President. Do you suppose his reelection committee will air shots of this event this fall?

John

Reply to
B & J

I agree with all that you have said . My guess is that the percentage of criminals who commit crimes for the thrill, or because they have no qualms about how they get their money as long as it is easy are the same at all levels of society. Where the poor or even middle class gets screwed is that their children come out of schools unprepared for what once was considered secure employment in our society (this is changing and who knows what will happen now - I know brilliant young people coming out of Yale that are unable to find work and they have tried everything imaginable - yes including working at McD's). The lower the economic class the poorer the quality of education. It is the children in these classes that have a harder time finding a job and are the first to be fired when the economy turns bad. Add to that our insane drug laws where one of the easiest ways to make money is to turn kids on to drugs and you pretty much guarantee that you develop a country that has a wider and wider divide between the haves and the have nots. There is something wrong with our country when we have a greater percentage of our population in prison than Russia or other authoritarian countries have.

I'm not ranting really (first one was a rant). I just can't understand why people are so pound foolish and penny wise. Prisons and crime are not cheap for a society. If you want a country with low crime, look at what works in countries with low crime. They educate ALL of their children properly and they treat uncontrolled drug use as an illness (which it is) and not as a crime.

DKat

Reply to
D Kat