Help!

Hi,

right I need someone to help me with my garden - anyone know any goo gardeners in / near the horfield area of bristol.

At the moment, it's a complete tip - so only suited to someone wh likes a challenge

-- Juliet

Reply to
Juliet

What is a 'tip'?

Reply to
Bill

The original poster is in the UK - 'tip' is a British expression roughly translating to a real mess :-))

Juliet, you'd be better served by posting this on a local forum, something like uk.rec. gardening. The majority of the participants here are based in the US and not able to offer much in the way of suggestions.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

In NZ, a "tip" could also refer to a city rubbish dump (landfill.)

Reply to
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Hi Juliet,

How bad a tip is it? I may know someone or may be able to help clear it. Im also in North Bristol

-- penance

Reply to
penance

What is a "tip"?

Reply to
Travis

The message from "Travis" contains these words:

A guddle. A disorganised unkempt mess. Garbage heap.

Janet (Scotland).

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Since I'm just a bit south of you, in Bellevue, Washington, I'll be your translator. A "tip" is a place where you'd tip your rubbish, or in our tongue, dump your garbage. Imagine a dump truck tipping its load on to a heap, and you've got the origin of the word; "dump" is an equivalent in American English.

Reply to
Claire Petersky

Thank you.

Reply to
Travis

Southeast actually. Thanks for the definition.

Reply to
Travis

Oh - thanks for the new word Janet! A guddle - I like it.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak