Hayter Harrier II 19" Vintage mower help needed.

Hi all. Newbie pensioner from Essex here and sorry to launch with a beg.

I am really struggling with the friction plate above the blade but I was wondering if that needs to be removed?

My problem is that I have lost drive. Such a shame as she has never let me down in all the years. What is entailed for drive clutch repair?

Is there enough clearance available just be lifting the engine rather than removal?

Thanks

Reply to
rizla01

Try asking on the newsgroup uk.rec.gardening you can get there through the same portal. This is mainly for US gardeners and few will have a clue about your old British mower.

Regards Bob Hobden

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Up front, I'll say that I know nothing about this mower but using Google I found at least one drive repair video on YouTube and quite a few parts breakdowns and illustrations. Assuming that the latter are accurate it looks as though the plate in question is sized to fit through the opening in the mower's deck although this is hard to tell in a small drawing.

Reply to
John McGaw