Has anyone tried rain water harvesting?

Is rain water harvesting anything that could be considered in Ohio? Is there too much rain on a regular basis for that to work? I have a long wide black top driveway and under it is a drain to the street that needs to be replaced. Estimates run over $4000 and it burns me up that I need to pay that much to get rid of water run off.

I'm trying to get someone at Ohio State to call me and tell me about it. I've googled it and see how it is used where rain water is too valuable to lose.

Marilyn

Reply to
Allview

escapee

"Allview" wrote

It is done in Ohio. All growers zoned as agriculture have ponds, either natural or man made from which they pump for irrigation. Some do pump from a river, but the laws restrict the amount they can pump out.

You could do the same if you have the room or need for a pond.

Reply to
Herb

People here in Pennsylvania collect rain in rain barrels to use on their gardens, etc. I know of one guy who uses it to fill his toilet tanks.

On another note, I got a chuckle out of your subject line as my last name used to be Rainwater......

Reply to
Beth Pierce

The man who came today to give me a drain estimate suggested a cistern and he's going to find out about it for me.

Marilyn

Reply to
Allview