Haas Avocado didnt Fruit last year -- Please Help

We have a 4-year-old Haas Avocado in Southern California and it has been giving us from 20-35 fruits per year, until last year. I believe that I let the fruit in 2003 stay too long on the tree, and it never bloomed the next season. How can I get my tree blooming back to normal? Thanks to all.

Reply to
Time2Live

I can't answer your question, but we also have a Haas Avocado tree in So.Cal and mine has never had fruit..It is probably 2-3 yrs. old......do you need 2 trees to pollinate?? Thanks

Have a Great Day!! Linda

Reply to
Linda

When should the fruit be removed? My 2-yr old tree had 10 fruits, still

7 on the tree.

nancy

Reply to
catwoman

You need a type A and a type B avocado to pollinate each other. It doesn't take much. If you've got a Haas, get a Bacon or a Fuerte. The problem is that most of the B's are green-skin varieties. If you don't like them as well, you may see if you can get hold of a Marvel or Noble. These are not generally available, but are more Haas like than most.

Do a web search on Haas Avocado pollination. You'll find more than you ever wanted to know.

I planted both types and suddenly my neighbor's 30 foot tall tree started producing for the first time ever. He was overwhelmed when he got a couple hundred on the tree after nothing for 20 years.

The other thing is that you need bees. If there's been any spraying or anything to disturb them, plan on hand pollinating if you want anything.

Finally, sometimes Avocados just have an off year. Just make sure that it's fertilized properly and not over-watered. That's the worst thing you can do to an avocado. Scott Peterson

-- Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

409/601
Reply to
Scott Peterson