Grub pesticides and vegetable gardens

I am new to gardening and I'm new to western MI. It seems we have a grub problem in our lawn (we moved in to a 45 year old home and yard). The problem is that my wife and I already started our vegetable garden about 5 or 10 feet from where the grub problem seems to be. Is it safe to put down pesticide that will get rid of the grubs that close to a vegetable garden?

Reply to
potesta

Absolutely not. Get out your yellow pages, find "garden centers", get on the phone and find out who sells one of the biological controls. These are bacterial agents that infect the grubs and kill them. They're harmless to humans. They can affect fish and (if I recall), bees, so read the label carefully. Bacillus thuringensis used to be one of the products, but there may be later hybrids now.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom