Gremlins in the newsgroup servers, fairies waking up some houseplants

Good morning to all my gardening friends. Well here it is a new year. Doesn't feel any different, except I seem to have an infestation of gremlins lurking in the newsgroup servers mucking up my capability of downloading current posts from my favorite and only newgroup that I frequent. Well I am not going to panic. It does no good. and yes, I've tried the rec.gardens setting in my Outlook Express, I've tried FreeAgent, it just sits there, and I even tried Xnews and it told me there was a time out session in place. My Outlook Express informed me there was a time out session and asked if I wanted to cancel or wait. I waited until I had to go to bed. I do hafta werk today :) So in desperation, I decided to go thru Google.com. That worked. So for now until the server fixes whatever problem they're having, I'll check here for a short bit.

the fairies have been waking up some of my houseplants this week. You all know about the Korean Crinum that Zhan sent me years ago. Well it has well over 23 blossoms between the two spikes now with the perfume waifting up the stairs that lead outa Squire's dragon cave. The oxalis green and gold and Rubra are intermittedly blooming great yellow trumpet shaped flowers (they're huge in comparrison to the size of the plants, one looks like a red tree, the other like a bush under the red "tree" in the pot that sits in front of my nook window).

There is another bloom spike on older sanseveria plants, and I think I see buds on some cactus. Still no sign of pointy heads popping out of the soil in the empty pot that I know houses the Blood Lily. The fairy that's in charge of that one likes to fool me and jumpstart it when I'm not looking.

I will holler at you all later on when the server is working again. I hope everyone is well and I'll ramble at you later!

madgardener up on the ridge, back in fairy holler, overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Reply to
madgard

trouble might be your isp news server.

try a 'public' server such as msn (microsoft products groups, no login or pwd) news://news.msn.com/

Reply to
hort-4

Reply to
madgardener